Charles Oliveira has walked into the octagon twice with the UFC lightweight title on the line. He’s walked out with the belt twice already.
Oliveira earned the championship in a second-round TKO over Michael Chandler on May 15, 2021, and defended it for the first time against Dustin Poirier with a third-round submission last December, expanding his UFC records for submission victories (15) and finishes (9) in the process (18).
Now he’ll have to defend his title against Justin Gaethje, the lightweight division’s No. 1 opponent.
Gaethje defeated Tony Ferguson for the interim UFC lightweight title in 2020, but lost his next fight to Khabib Nurmagomedov for the lightweight belt.
He defeated Chandler by unanimous decision in his previous bout.
UFC 274: Charles Oliveira vs. Justin Gaethje Fight card
Main Card (10 p.m. ET)
- Charles Oliveira vs. Justin Gaethje for the UFC lightweight title
- Rose Namajunas (c) vs. Carla Esparza 2 for the UFC strawweight title
- Michael Chandler vs. Tony Ferguson; Lightweights
- Mauricio Rua vs. Ovince Saint Preux; Light heavyweights
- Donald Cerrone vs. Joe Lauzon; Lightweights
Prelims (8 p.m. ET)
- Randy Brown vs. Khaos Williams; Welterweights
- Macy Chiasson vs. Norma Dumont; Featherweights
- Brandon Royval vs. Matt Schnell; Flyweights
- Blagoy Ivanov vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima; Heavyweights
Early Prelims (6 p.m. ET)
- Francisco Trinaldo vs. Danny Roberts; Welterweights
- Tracy Cortez vs. Melissa Gatto; Flyweights
- Kleydson Rodrigues vs. C.J. Vergara; Flyweights
- Ariane Carnelossi vs. Loopy Godinez; Strawweights
- Journey Newson vs. Fernie Garcia; Bantamweights
- Andre Fialho vs. Cameron VanCamp; Welterweights
UFC 274 odds
Charles Oliviera (-165) vs. Gaethje (+135)
Carla Esparza (-225) vs. Rose Namajunas (+185)
Michael Chandler (-400) vs. Tony Ferguson (+300)
Shogun Rua (+190) vs. Ovince St. Preux (-250)
Donald Cerrone (-165) vs. Joe Lauzon (+140)
UFC 274 Fight Info :
- Even : UFC 274
- Date: Saturday, May 7th
- Fight time: Main card starts at 10 p.m. ET
- TV: ESPN+ PPV