Event : Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennadiy Golovkin
Date: Saturday, September 17
Local time: 5pm PT
Main event ringwalks (approx): 8pm PT
Place : The fight takes place at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
TV : Amazon Fire TV , DAZN PPV TV , Apple TV .
The epic trilogy’s concluding chapter is scheduled to be written on Saturday night in Las Vegas. The T-Mobile Arena will host Canelo Alvarez and Gennadiy Golovkin’s third fight, which will be for all four of the super middleweight division’s top belts.
When the two originally faced off at middleweight five years ago (still widely regarded as being too late for the experienced Golovkin to finally have his shot), the fight resulted in an unsatisfactory split draw, largely because of a perplexing scorecard from Adalaide Byrd. There were quick requests for a rematch because many felt that GGG had performed well enough to win.
Even though they decided to rematch, it wasn’t without controversy because Alvarez tested positive for the illegal stimulant Clenbuterol before their fight in May. Alvarez blamed contaminated meat for the test’s positive result, and up to this point, he hasn’t failed any more tests.
In their rematch in September 2018, most media outlets again felt that Golovkin deserved to win by a razor-thin margin. But Alvarez raised his hand, capturing the WBA and WBC middleweight titles with a split decision victory.
Given his notoriety and remarkable knockout streak earlier in his career, Golovkin was made a small favorite over Canelo in those first two contests. However, given how things have turned out for the veteran and Alvarez’s meteoric rise to fame, the Mexican starts the trilogy as a huge favorite of -500. Notably, Alvarez’s fight with Dmitry Bivol in May, in which he lost by decision for the first time in nine years, cost almost the same amount.
Canelo Alvarez Record And Bio :
- Nationality: Mexican
- Born: July 18, 1990
- Height: 5′ 8″
- Reach: 70″
- Total fights: 61
- Record: 57-2-2 (39 KOs)
gennady golovkin Record And Bio :
- Nationality: Kazakh
- Born: April 8, 1982
- Height: 5″ 10″
- Reach: 70″
- Total fights: 44
- Record: 42-1-1 (37 KOs)
Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennadiy Golovkin 3 fight card
- Canelo Alvarez (c) vs. Gennadiy Golovkin for the WBA, WBC, IBF, WBO, and The Ring super-middleweight titles
- Jesse Rodriguez (c) vs. Israel Gonzalez for the WBC super-flyweight title
- Diego Pacheco vs. Enrique Collazo for the WBC USNBC Silver super-middleweight title
- Ali Akhmedov vs Gabe Rosado for the IBF North American super-middleweight title
- Austin Williams vs. Kieron Conway for the WBA International middleweight title
- Marc Castro vs. Kevin Mendoza; Lightweights
- Aaron Aponte vs. Fernando Molina; Super-Lightweights
- Anthony Herrera vs. Delvin McKinley; Super-Flyweights