England vs Iran
World Cup 2022 – Group B
Date: Monday, 21 November 2022
Kick-off at 14:00 UK/ 15:00 CET
Venue: Khalifa International Stadium (Doha).
The challenge for England is to go one step further than they did at Euro 2020 when they face Iran. Under the guidance of manager Gareth Southgate, they are hoping to win the World Cup.
Despite their impressive showing at the last major tournament, England lost their last six matches. This is their longest winless streak since 1993.
England will be facing off against Iran in their next match, which will be followed by matches against USA and Wales. Iran has only won two of its six World Cup matches.
What is England’s squad for the Qatar 2022 World Cup?
For the Qatar 2022 World Cup, England, and coach Gareth Southgate, called up the following players:
- Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope, Aaron Ramsdale
- Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Conor Coady, Eric Dier, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, John Stones, Kieran Trippier, Kyle Walker, Ben White
- Midfieldiers: Jude Bellingham, Conor Gallagher, Jordan Henderson, Mason Mount, Kalvin Phillips, Declarn Rice
- Forwards: Phil Foden, Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, James Maddison, Marcus Rashford, Bukayo Saka, Raheem Sterling, Callum Wilson
What is Iran’s squad for the 2022 Qatar World Cup?
For the 2022 Qatar World Cup, Iran, and coach Dragan Skocic called up the following players:
- Goalkeepers: Hossein Hosseini, Alireza Beiranvand, Amir Abedzadeh, Sayedpayam Niazmand
- Defenders: Majid Hosseini, Hossein Kanani, Shojae Khalilzadeh, Morteza Pouraliganji, Sadegh Moharrami, Ramin Rezaeian, Milad Mohammadi, Abolfazl Jalali
- Midfieldiers: Ehsan Hajsafi, Saeid Eztolahi, Ahmad Nourollahi, Vahid Amiri
- Forwards: Saman Ghoddos, Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Ali Gholizadeh, Mehdi Torabi, Sardar Azmoun, Karim Ansarifard, Medhi Taremi,
England vs Iran Prediction
Although England have made slow starts in major tournaments, they have been able to bounce back in the past seven World Cup openers. They are undefeated in six of these, and only three of these have been victories that were decided by just a single goal. This time around, we expect a change in the trend, with most of the players coming from solid clubs.
The Three Lions have a point to prove following their Nations League campaign, which ended miserably. We believe that they will win this game by a two-goal margin. The Melli have a couple of players who can cause problems for England’s defense, namely Mehdi Tarimi, Sardar Azmoun, and Alireza Jahanbakhsh. Harry Kane has been in great form this season in the English Premier League, and he is a strong candidate to score anytime.
We think that Phil Foden will be able to provide the most effective attacking threat for England on Monday. His ability to run into the box and find the back of the net will be a huge advantage for the Three Lions.