Another round of UEFA Champions League matches is set to take place this week. One of the matches that will be played is between reigning champions Bayern Munich and Manchester City.
Although they’re currently at the top spot in the league, Bayern Munich haven’t been at their best this season. They managed to get a win over SC Freiburg over the weekend. This match against Manchester City will be a tough challenge for them.
At present, Manchester City is in second place in the league, and they’re playing some of the best football of the season so far. In their previous match, they defeated Southampton by a score of 4-1.
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich Head to head :
- Both Bayern Munich and Manchester City are on the same level playing field when it comes to their head to head record in the Champions League. The two clubs have won three out of six matches they have played so far.
- City have won two out of their three home matches against the German club in the competition. Their only loss was to Pep Guardiola’s men in 2013.
- After suffering several defeats away from home in the group stage of the European competition, Bayern Munich have won two of their last 10 away matches against English clubs.
- Since he became a manager in the European competition, Pep has won 39 out of 72 matches that he has participated in. This is the best win percentage among all managers who have been involved in at least thirty matches during the competition’s history.
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich Prediction :
Despite having a talented squad, Manchester City will be facing a tough test this week. They have started the season poorly on the European stage, and they will be looking to prove their critics wrong.
Under Thomas Tuchel, Bayern Munich have started to show signs of improvement, and they will need to continue to do so against Manchester City. The Citizens have been more consistent throughout the season, and they hold a slight advantage over their opponents.
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich lineup:
Manchester City possible starting lineup:
Ederson; Akanji, Ruben Dias, Ake; Stones, Rodri, Bernardo Silva, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Grealish; Haaland
Bayern Munich possible starting lineup:
Sommer; Pavard, De Ligt, Upamecano, Davies; Goretzka, Kimmich, Sane, Musiala, Coman; Muller
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich Mach Info
- UEFA Champions League
- Date: 11 April 2023, Tuesday
- Kick-off at 20:00 UK / 21:00 CET
- Venue: Etihad Stadium (Manchester).